- Call Center
9 Hiring Facts
At Staffing it is interesting to read some of the interesting stats from the temping industry. Whether you are a recruitment agency, employer or candidate you will be surprised and facinated with the following employment facts (Updated February 2019):
- It was reported of the 16,000 new hires 52% of them failed within 20 months and of these, 89% left because their attitudes did not align to that of the organisation. Only 10% failed because of a lack of skills.
- Organisations spend on average 6 and 8 seconds reviewing resumes, 1 grammar or spelling mistake and your CV will be thrown away. 77% of CVs are ignored if your email address is unprofessional.
- Just as the number of job opening can increase it often will decrease at an even faster rate if an economy is slowing down. Nothing is constant so the highest salaries are secured when unemployment rates are lowest. Rememnber however lock in your job and salary at the peak as you may be looking for work when the cycle dips. With approximately 79% of available jobs never advertised you should never stop career networking.
- On average there will be between 59 and 100 applicants for advertised jobs. Generally between 5% and 12% of these applicants get an interview.
- The average cost of replacing a member of staff earning is $6,000 and $9,000.
- companies report that 1 in 22 job offers (around 5%) are rejected by their first choice of candidate. Usually because they have received another offer, however often for many other reasons.
- It is interesting to note that only 6% of unsuccessful candidates were given feedback that was moderately useful from hirers. Only 3% of candidates received valuable feedback.
- Companies on average look for the consider the following traits before making an offer: 33% look for multitasking skills; 30% look for initiative; 21% look for creative thinking; and 13% look for something else in the candidate.
- Other than the date, name of the contact and location, only 37% of candidates receive any information prior to an interview.
- On average new staff take between 23 and 26 weeks to reach optimum productivity.
- Hiring for Attitude by Mark Murph
- The Australian Financial Review
- American Staffing Association
- the ABC
For more Call Center Career Advice see below additional resources to find the perfect job:
READ MORE >
READ MORE >
READ MORE >