- Call Centre Executive
8 Employment Facts
At Staffing it is interesting to read some of the interesting stats from the temping industry. Whether you are a staffing agency, employer or candidate you will be surprised and facinated with the following hiring facts (Updated September 2018):
- The average cost of replacing a member of staff earning is $6,000 and $11,000.
- On average there will be between 55 and 101 applicants for advertised jobs. Generally between 6% and 12% of these applicants get an interview.
- It was reported of the 20,000 new hires 42% of them failed within 14 months and of these, 89% left because their attitudes did not align to that of the business. Only 9% failed because of a lack of skills.
- Just as the number of job opening can increase it often will decrease at an even faster rate if an economy is slowing down. Nothing is constant so the highest salaries are secured when unemployment rates are lowest. Rememnber however lock in your job and salary at the peak as you may be looking for work when the cycle dips. With approximately 84% of available jobs never advertised you should never stop career networking.
- Many organisations use talent-management software to screen resumes that look at keywords to screen out up to 71% of applicants without ever looking at a resume or cover letter
- On average new candidates take between 22 and 29 weeks to reach optimum productivity.
- companies report that 1 in 18 job offers (around 5%) are rejected by their first choice of candidate. Usually because they have received another offer, however often for many other reasons.
- Other than the date, name of the contact and location, only 45% of candidates receive any information prior to an interview.
- Phone interviews last 26 minutes and face-to-face interviews last 55 minutes on average. In a survey of 3,000 hiring managers, 31% claimed to know whether or not they would hire someone within 10 minutes. After that, it usually takes 1 day to 12 days to hear from the recruiters with their decision.
- Companies on average look for the consider the following traits before making an offer: 32% look for multitasking skills; 29% look for initiative; 22% look for creative thinking; and 12% look for something else in the candidate.
- American Staffing Association
- The Age
- The New York Times
- Hiring for Attitude by Mark Murph
- The Australian
For more Call Centre Executive Career Advice see below additional resources to find the perfect job:
READ MORE >
READ MORE >
READ MORE >